I wanted to create a rich and spicy pasta without reverting to my usual combo of flavours. Oh my gosh it was so so so good. The meal has a unique flavour profile that we will keep coming back to. You must give this a try. If you are on a lower carb diet, just halve the amount of pasta and mix blanched broccoli through the pasta upon serving.
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small chilli, sliced
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 800g can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 Massel 7 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 cup water
- Small brown onion, diced finely
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 500g pork loin, sliced
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- One bunch of parsley, chopped
- 4 serves pasta
- Sautee onion capsicum in a small amount of rice bran oil until softened.
- Brown the pork. Add spices and toast until fragrant. stir through meat and capsicum.
- Add chilli, tomato paste, tomatoes, stock cube, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, simmer until reduced to desired Consistency. Meanwhile, cook pasta.
- Stir through spinach until wilted, then serve over drained pasta, topped with parsley. Enjoy!