Coleslaw makes me happy. Shame most of the store bought ones are so bad for you. I wanted to make a healthy one to go with Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork. I remembered using a mustard and sour cream sauce with a pork fillet and coleslaw years ago and when I read about the South Carolina tradition of using mustard sauce with pulled pork, I knew I had to try the combination. This coleslaw is served drizzled with the sauce, rather than having mountains of sauce/mayo stirred through it, as I have seen most coleslaws do. This lets you control just how much sauciness you want, and I think makes it a little different. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 3 shallots
- 90g can of corn, drained
- 250g tub of low fat sour cream (I used the weight watchers one)
- 3 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp hot water
- Chop all of your coleslaw ingredients finely (excepting the corn of course). Mix.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and stir.
- Serve coleslaw drizzled with sauce.