How’s that for a tongue twister? I haven’t made much Asian food lately and I was craving something with a delicious rice wine vinegar and soy based sauce along with some salmon. After raiding the pantry and the fridge, this is what I came up with! I was really happy with it in the end. Salmon is always delicious. Plus the sauce was so so good over the noodles. It is important to prep all of your veggies etc first, because once you start, this meal is on the table in 10 minutes. Gotta love a fast, delicious and healthy meal! I was actually really proud of this meal.
- 2 skinless salmon steaks
- 2 tbs soy sauce for marinade
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 serves of soba noodles
- 2 shallots, sliced julienne (very thinly) on the diagonal
- 2 red and 2 green chillis, sliced julienne on the diagonal
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced julienne
- 6 snow peas, sliced julienne on the diagonal
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander leaves
- Marinate salmon steaks in soy sauce for approximately 1 hour in the fridge. .
- Mix sauce ingredients
and chop the veggies.
- Remove salmon from fridge, cover both sides with sesame seeds.
- Pan fry the salmon approximately 3-4 mins each side on a medium-high heat
- Meanwhile, cook soba noodles in boiling water, and drain once cooked (check packet for instructions, but usually it is about 4-5 minutes total cooking time).
- Once you have turned your salmon for the first time, stir fry the rest of the vegetables over high heat for 3 minutes. Pour half of the sauce over the veggies as they stir fry.
- Stir the vegetables and sauce through the noodles. Serve next to your salmon steak and voila! Filling noms.