Who said that salads are less tasty and hearty than other meals? Who said they have to leave you feeling less than satisfied? Whoever said that was telling a big fat lie. This dinner will blow your socks off with flavour and leave you feeling full and happy in the process. I am a little bit in love with it to be honest.
We have news…..the Dragon and I are engaged!!!!!! We are both thrilled to bits and so excited to be planning a wedding in August(ish) – date not yet finalised. I will probably post more updates about that as we begin the planning process. So excited!!! Unfortunately, we have both suffered the contentment spread in our relationship and packed on quite a few kilos, so we both plan to aim for buff wedding status. So you may see more healthy meals posted up here for a while. I want to feel good about how I look in my wedding photos. So I have a whopping 15 kg to lose – eep! Wish me luck!
This delicious meal is a step in my desired direction – healthy yet delicious. I am so not interested in deprivation dieting. Stepping up exercising, less alcohol and upping the health content of meals is needed and maintainable, but diets only slow your metabolism and cause more problems long term. I want to learn to cook meals we love that are in line with our goals. I just know that you will love this one as much as we do! It is so worth a try.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- Rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs soy
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 60g shelled edamame
- Salad greens of choice – to taste
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 punnet perino/grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped or minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- Marinate chicken for anywhere from 1 hour to overnight depending on how organised you feel.
- Make the Dressing.
- Cook chicken and marinade in a fry pan on medium heat until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add garlic, tomatoes, chillies and edamame to another small frying pan on medium heat until cooked through. The tomatoes will soften and you will tell it is cooked when the edamame taste al dente and not too crunchy.
Blurry but delicious
- Assemble the cold ingredients – greens. capsicum, chickpeas and avocado.
- Add the tomato and edamame mix and the chicken. Then top with dressing and – hey presto – you ‘ve got a delicious and filling meal!
Yum yum yum…..Can I have yours too?
Our Take Aways
|Romantic Dinner with wine on our balcony.
The new watering can is there because we have started a vertical garden
on our little balcony wall…so excited!