Moist, flavoursome, easy. These are words that should always accompany chicken. I hear people say that chicken is bland from time to time but I totally disagree. Done right it can be downright mouth watering.
One of my favourite meals is Greek lemon potatoes. I love their lemony garlicy noms. I had a craving recently, but am watching my waistline at the moment so decided to bake some Greek style chicken to serve with a side of (or on top of) quinoa tabouleh as a delicious and healthy dinner. This was so easy to throw together and we adored the flavour. Scoring the chicken means that the marinade can permeate it more fully. The chicken was moist and tasted so good. This recipe will go down in your list of regular go-to meals.
- Rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 lean chicken breasts.
- Mix all ingredients bar the chicken in a casserole dish.
- Score chicken breasts and add t the marinade, spooning it over the top. Cover with cling wrap and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 200 degrees C / 390 degrees F.
The Dragon did the scoring – I would call this slicing more than scoring technically, but it certainly did the job 🙂
- Bake the chicken in the marinade for 30 minutes or until cooked through, basting once in the process to ensure it remains moist.
- Serve with any side you like! We chose quinoa tabouleh (recipe here) because we love it and it was easy to make while the chicken baked. We had it for two nights – the first night on the side and the second on top 🙂