Mmmmm….Saturday morning with nowhere I have to be…..a rare and special treat. I decided to take advantage by using up a bunch of leftover veggies and feta in my fridge/herbs from my balcony garden and was incredibly happy with the healthy and delicious breakfast concoction that arose. This breakfast is almost too easy. We enjoyed eating it slowly while sipping coffee and chatting on the balcony. Happy sigh.
- 5 eggs
- 1tsp milk
- 5 grape/perino/cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 5 basil leaves, torn
- 1 frozen spinach cube, defrosted and drained
- 35g feta, cubed (optional – we just had leftover to use)
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together with a fork.
- Heat a medium non-stick frypan to medium heat. Use the smallest amount of oil or butter to grease the pan that you can get away with.
- Pour the mix into your pan and fry until cooked through.
- Cut in half using your spatula and serve! Best enjoyed with a steaming hot coffee.
Our Take Aways
I’m not really sure what to say except that we loved it and enjoyed how easy it was to cook. A lovely simple Saturday.