So this meal does not exactly match up with my lower-carb focus of late, but it is incredibly delicious and easy. It does require a little time in the oven, but it is oh-so-worth it. Despite being high in carbs, this meal is actually pretty healthy. I can promise you that it tastes like the creamiest naughtiest thing off the menu at your favourite Italian restaurant, without the extra fat. Don’t believe me? Give it a whirl.
- 1kg tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 red capsicum, chopped roughly
- 1/2 red onion, chopped roughly
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Fresh basil, shredded
- 2 tbs light sour cream
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 180g tub of mixed olives, feta, sun dried tomatoes
- 500g pasta
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place chopped tomatoes, capsicum, onion, red onion and garlic in a casserole dish, toss with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- In the last ten minutes of cooking, pan fry chicken until cooked through.
- At the same time, bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta as per the package instructions.
- When the tomato sauce is cooked, stir through the chicken, drained Mediterranean mix, basil and pasta.
- Stir through the sour cream and fresh basil leaves. Serve and relish the deliciousness.