If you are after a strong morning pick me up, then this will have you covered. After a big night I needed a strong coffee and a healthy breakfast. It made me incredibly happy this morning, and woke me up nicely for the day. I will certainly make this again. It is the second smoothie I’ve made with coffee in it, and both this and my eye opener smoothie taste completely different, so I’m happy to have options. While this is called a green smoothie, the amount of coffee in it outweighs the spinach so I guess it is technically brown, with the goodness of green – for the win!
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of cold pressed coffee or chilled coffee, brewed the night before.
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 scoops whey protein (either unflavoured or vanilla)
- 1 tbs almond butter
- Large handful of ice cubes
- Add ingredients to your blender.
- Blitz and serve.