There is this cute little cafe near my work which serves healthy and yummy meals put together by a nutritionist. Their healthy curries are always served on a bed of quinoa and rice, with some veggies stirred in. I’ve taken a liking to it. Adding quinoa to your rice adds fibre and protein, both of which I am always keen to increase in my diet. I’ll be making this regularly, and thought it would be convenient to have a post demonstrating how to easily cook them in one pot using the absorption method. Happy cooking!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- Place 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of basmati rice and 1 1/2 cups of water to the mix, and stir in 1 tsp of turmeric and salt (to taste).
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.