This meal was a Friday at home date night meal I made for the Dragon. I found a good deal on pork fillet and wanted to do something special with ingredients we had on hand in our pantry and fridge. The result was a pretty easy meal to make over a glass of wine before retiring together to the balcony to overlook the city lights with our chimenea burning to set the mood. Toasted marshmallows made for a perfect desert.
I literally licked my plate clean. This meal is A.May.Zing. The pork is moist and soft, the glaze is beautiful and the lentil base is a perfect compliment. This is a great special dinner at home/date night meal.
- 1 pork fillet
- 1/2 punnet cherry/perino/grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 100g baby spinach
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 400g can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (good quality if you can get it)
- Spray oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 rosemary sprig – leaves removed and chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius / 392 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix glaze ingredients while oven heats.
- Spray oil lightly over your pork fillet, then salt and pepper evenly on both sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove fillet from oven and brush with glaze. Return to oven for 15 minutes further
- In the final 5 minutes, blister cherry tomatoes on medium-high heat (approx 5 minutes)
- Remove Pork fillet from oven, rest for 5 minutes, covered with foil
- While the pork is resting, add spring onions, garlic and balsamic vinegar to the pan of blistered tomatoes. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add brown lentils to the pan, cook on medium to high heat until warmed through. Stir spinach through until wilted.
- Slice pork and serve over lentil salad, topped with baking juices.