It has been a very long time since I last blogged. That’s because the Dragon and I have been rather distracted with a very exciting new addition to our household – we are 21 weeks pregnant to a bouncing baby boy! For quite some time I had very little energy for cooking but I feel like I am getting back on track. Tonight I was seeking something healthy and above all EASY so glazed salmon was the way to go.
This glaze adds a beautiful Asian twist to salmon. The miso and mirin balance salty and sweet perfectly while the rice wine vinegar cuts through the (delicious and healthy) fats of the salmon. It is so easy that an exhausted pregnant woman can do it!
- 2 salmon steaks, skin off
- 1 tbs white miso paste
- 1 tbs mirin
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius/390 degrees Farenheit
- Mix miso paste, mirin and rice wine vinegar. Brush on all sides of the salmon.
- Line a tray with baking paper, place salmon on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes (to your desired doneness).
- Once cooked, top with sesame seeds and shallot.
- Serve with your choice of side (soba noodles, stir fried vegetables, blanched beans, and/or rice). Enjoy!