We were keen to make a savoury mince meal, but wanted to shake it up a little from what we usually make. This recipe really hit the spot. It was healthy, high protein and yummy. Any spice mix could really be added to this meal to shake it up, but we made and loved an Indian Spice Mix enough to make a separate post of this spice mix for future use.
- 500g lean chicken mince
- 1 large carrot, diced finely
- 1 capsicum, diced finely
- 2 celery stalks, diced finely
- 1 cayenne chilli, sliced finely
- 1 punnet perino or cherry tomatoes
- 400g can brown lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tbs Indian Spice Mix
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 100g baby spinach
- In a large frypan, cook carrot, celery and capsicum in a small amount of oil until softened.
- Add chicken mince and brown.
- Add spice mix, ginger, tomato paste and chilli. Cook until fragrant and stir through.
- Add tomatoes, stock cube, salt, pepper and water. Bring to the boil then simmer for approx 30 minutes or until flavourful and reduced to desired consistency.
- Stir lentils through the mix, cook a further 2 mins or until lentils are warmed through.
- Serve on a bed of spinach and enjoy!