Who doesn’t love a zucchini slice? It is always tasty and so easy to throw together. Usually ham or bacon are included, but I wanted to make a vegetarian version which I could make in bulk and freeze for quite a long time in my deep freeze. Hey presto, this recipe. Sun dried tomatoes pack quite the flavour punch so there’s no missing out by not using bacon.
- 3 medium zucchinis, grated
- 4 shallots, sliced finely
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed) or 1 tbs garlic oil
- Preheat oven to 180 Celcius/356 Farenheit
- Beat the eggs and flour together until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Spray a baking pan with oil and line with baking paper. Add mix to pan and cook for 40 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly, then slice and serve with a side salad.