This is a delicious meal that the Dragon made for us this week using some salmon steaks from our freezer, staples from our pantry and some fresh pak choy. It felt really good to eat. We are still primarily reheating frozen meals from our freezer (it has been three weeks since we had our baby son now) but are now feeling able to (occasionally) cook easy meals. Technically all we had to buy was the pak choy, however, so this one still counts as being semi pre-prepared! It is filling and gorgeous. You must try it.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 salmon steaks (skin off)
- 3 pak choys (root at base removed)
- 200g (1/2 can) of chickpeas, washed and drained
- salt and pepper
- Mix soy, rice wine vinegar, garlic and ginger, add salmon and marinate for 30 minutes
- Heat your frypan to medium-high heat, add a touch of oil to the pan
- Add salmon steaks to the pan. Cook for approximately 3 minutes per side, or until your desired done-ness.
- Rest the salmon steaks.
- Meanwhile, on a medium-high heat wilt the pak choy with the chickpeas for 2 minutes.
- Season chickpeas and pak choy.
- Serve and enjoy!